HOW TO HELP
An unlikely spokesman for assistive tech:
Prince Andrew says the Web breaks down traditional barriers confronting people with disabilities while
raising new obstacles. Read the whole story.
- ABLEDATA: Database of assistive technology and rehabilitation equipment. More
than 23,000 product listings.
- ADA Technical Assistance Program: Clearinghouse of information on regional
Disability and Business Technical Assistance Centers (DBTACs).
- EASIweb (Equal Access to Software and Information) :
Providing information and guidance regarding access-to-information technologies by individuals with disabilities.
- Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology Society of North America: RESNA technical assistance projects can assist individuals with disabilities of all ages to obtain and access AT devices and services through systems change and advocacy efforts.
- Trace Research and Development Center : Research, development and resource center on technology and disability at the University of Wisconsin - Madison.
- WGBH Caption Center : Its mission: To provide the widest possible access
to television and video for deaf and hard-of-hearing people.